Psycomedia Episode 42 – Tim is an Illusion. Lunch-Tim Doubly So.
August 24, 2012 Leave a comment
- Jones, B. & Huang, Y. L. (1982). Space-time dependencies in psychopyhsical judgment of extent and duration: algebraic models of the tau and kappa effects. ‘Psychological Bulletin,91(1), 128-142.
- I . Hodinott-Hill , K . Thilo , A . Cowey , V . Walsh (2002). “Auditory Chronostasis”. Current Biology 12 (20): 1779–1781.
- Kellaris, J. J., & Kent, R. J. (1992). The influence of music on consumers’ temporal perceptions: Does time fly when you’re having fun? Journal of Consumer Psychology, 1(4), 365 – 376.
- Kir-Stimon, W. (1977). “Tempo-statis” as a factor in psychotherapy: Individual tempo and life rhythm, temporal territoriality, time planes and communication. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research & Practice, 14(3), 245 – 248.
- Yarrow, K., Haggard, P., Heal, R., Brown, P., & Rothwell, J. C. (2001). Illusory perceptions of space and time preserve cross-saccadic perceptual continuity Nature, 414(6861), 302-305.
- Stetson, C., Fiesta, M. P., & Eagleman, D. M. (2007). Does time really slow down during a frightening event? PloS One, 2(12)
Ben spent this week trying to do this:
He looks like this in the gym:
Please visit the following site and promote Psycomedia in the best way you know how: http://dirtybritcomconfessions.tumblr.com/ (Deeply not safe for public viewing).
Alternatively, please visit the Kappa Effect http://www.kappaeffect.com/ secure a date and promote Psycomedia in the best way you know how.
Media of the Week:
Darksiders 2! http://www.darksiders.com/
Muse – Madness
Oh, it’s a snake, oh, it’s a snake!
A cool video about Saccades:
Is that a secret button?