Psycomedia Episode 41 – Dem Nerves, Dem Nerves, Dem Myelinated Nerves
August 17, 2012 Leave a comment
- Friedman, M. I., & Stricker, E. M. (1976). The physiological psychology of hunger: A physiological perspective. Psychological Review, 83(6), 409 – 431.
- Heatherton, T. F., Polivy, J., & Herman, C. P. (1989). Restraint and internal responsiveness: Effects of placebo manipulations of hunger state on eating. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 98(1), 89 – 92.
- Neal, D. T., Wood, W., Wu, M., & Kurlander, D. (2011). The pull of the past: When do habits persist despite conflict
- with motives? Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 37(11), 1428-1437.
- Read, D., & van Leeuwen, B. (1998). Predicting hunger: The effects of appetite and delay on choice Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 76(2), 189 – 205.
- Swami, V., & Tovée, M. J. (2006; 2010). Does hunger influence judgments of female physical attractiveness? British Journal of Psychology, 97(3), 353 – 363.
- Wooley, O. W., Wooley, S. C., & Dunham, R. B. (1972). Can calories be perceived and do they affect hunger in obese and nonobese humans? Journal of Comparative and Physiological Psychology, 80(2), 250 – 258.
Peter send us this one:
Bane: Football Manager -
Media of the Week
Doomtree (an indie rap collective)
Do The Right Thing (a podcast panel game)
(This clip ironically fits with the fertility goddess thing)
Top Social Psychologist Sir Mix-A-Lot:
Selected excerpts from his discourse on Cosmopolitan and body image:
- I’m tired of magazines
Sayin’ flat butts are the thing
- Yeah, baby … when it comes to females, Cosmo ain’t got nothin’
to do with my selection. 36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she’s 5’3″.
- So Cosmo says you’re fat
Well I ain’t down with that!
- Sociological analyses show
That if you look at Cosmo
It is as sexist as Playboy, yo.